As the first Orthopaedic Institute for Children (OIC) support group, the Crippled Children's Guild, now doing business as the Charitable Children's Guild (CCG) also known as The Guild, was founded in 1911 in support of Dr. Charles LeRoy Lowman's pioneering care for children with crippling conditions. Since then, The Guild has given nearly $10 million to OIC. The Guild has made the future better by helping children through volunteer and financial support which has significantly strengthened the programs at OIC. The Guild and its energetic auxiliaries focus their attention on ensuring that children get the orthopaedic medical care they need to get the most out of life, continuing the legacy of hope and promise left by Dr. Lowman. Since The Guild began, no child has ever been turned away from OIC for financial reasons.